Fall is on the horizon, which brings many great vibes (and events, naturally) in our industry. One of these is the Fall Bridal Show and Benefit, hosted by the Brazos Valley Bridal Association http://www.babv.org/. The Bridal Show for us is more than just meeting potential clients and expanding our current business. Yes, we are excited about reaching out to all the brides that are coming and talking about each amazing wedding, but we’ll blog about that another day.
Everyone knows one of our true passions is design. During each Bridal Show we are able to go back to our roots and work on that design front, not for ourselves, but for the vendors that pour their hearts and souls into their businesses who we want to see shine! This is their time to “speed date” these potential brides and catch their attention in those first few moments that these brides set eyes on their booth.
There are a few key elements that we always try to bring up in our meetings that some may or may not have thought about:
- Who are you. Okay, yes, most know this answer, but you would be surprised at how many vendors don’t have appropriate signage, or don’t know how to display the signage at the show. Make sure you have your signage displayed in a way that is easily seen in your booth and is consistent with your branding.
- What do you do. This goes into the service category. What do you provide, and how can you best portray that to the shopping customer? Going further into that, what inside of your category do you do best. This is where we try to talk a little more with our clients and dig deeper. It’s hard to talk about yourself sometimes, so as a third party, we can give the “you are best at this” or “you are known for this” advice, and really try to focus on that.
- What is your brand. Stay within your brand as much as possible so that it keeps you identifiable. This is your color, your feel, your logo, your font, your mission statement. Don’t try to change things up too much where people forget who you are, keep yourself strong.
- Bring your big guns. There is always someone on your team who is the easy talker, the identifier, the seller. Make sure they are available for bridal show and prep together in what the game plan is for the show. It’s okay to plan your outfits, but don’t overthink it too much. You want to look coordinated, not like twins.
- Have a WOW. Make sure as you plan your booth you have in mind what your WOW factor is to draw guests in. Is it your display, is it your colors, is it additional lights, is it a new product or design you’re showcasing, is a new addition to your venue, is it a signature drink or the delicious food you serve?
We are passionate about design in the aspects of our clients and vendors so much, that each year we want make sure our vendors are showcasing themselves in an improved way than even the year before. We love adding that little element of surprise, that makes our vendors feel proud of their booths and makes the excitement rise for them and the brides. In order to make sure that everyone gets “booth experience” that they deserve, since we opened, we have always offered $10 ANY linen, NO design fees, 1/2 price or LESS on decor/bulk items, and INCREDIBLY low delivery and full set up in booths for all vendors. This allows vendors to talk through their booths, give us their ideas, go through a sketch of what they want, hand things over to us, and show up on the Bridal Show day to a booth that is ready to go. Not to mention, walk away at the end of the show for us to take down and take away the items!
For a “vendor brag”, here are some of our amazing friends and what they’ve done over the years, and what to look for this year.
7D Ranch http://www.7dranchtexas.com/ Check out this ranch venue that offers so much more than just event space!
7F Lodge http://www.7flodge.com/ 7F Lodge is one who took booth design to the next level last year with a to scale replica of their wedding chapel! We can’t wait to see it in action again.
Admiral Catering http://www.admiralcatering.com/ Admiral Catering offers a variety of menu and bar options, and can even host private parties inside their private banquet room at Amico Nave.
D’Vine Cuisine http://www.dvinecuisine.com/#cateringandeventspace Billy and Kantessa Castillo, a husband and wife team, have brought a new meaning to a culinary experience. With Billy working as the Chef and Kantessa maintaining the details, they have every situation covered from their 300 person plated dinner to their intimate supper clubs in their Downtown Bryan location.
Fancy Flushes https://www.fancyflushes.com/ When planning an event outdoors, or at a venue with limited restroom facilities, Fancy Flushes is where you need to turn! These air conditioned, outfitted restroom trailers will have all of our guests comfortable.
Hilton College Station http://www.guestreservations.com/hilton-college-station-conference-center/booking The Hilton College Station has so much to offer, and is currently undergoing renovations that are amazing. The lobby has been completed and is like walking into a resort! They have guest room accommodations, ballroom and banquet spaces for up to 500, and full catering bar for on and offsite services.
Inn at Quarry Ridge http://innatquarryridge.com/ An event gem who has big things in the works. This is the perfect location to house your bridal party, relax over the weekend and walk straight out into your ceremony and reception, all on the same grounds. You are close enough for all of the conveniences located within Bryan, College Station, but get to enjoy the tranquility of the country.
Luke’s Bartending http://bcsbartenders.com/ Luke’s Bartending can handle all of the alcohol needs for your event no matter what the size. Delivering alcohol and mixers, cups or glasses, ice and garnishes, making sure you have the correct servings, and sending your bartending staff for the evening. They specialize in all alcohol needs!
Royalty Pecan Farms https://royaltypecans.com/ Royalty Pecan Farms is a true working Pecan Farm that can also be host to your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and/or reception. With a view of the orchard and aromas of flavored pecans, your guests are in for added treats!
San Angel Photography & Videography http://www.sanangelphoto.com/ Working with Maryann and Miguel is like working with life long friends. Not only is their work fresh and vibrant, but their personalities make you feel like you’ve known them forever. If you’ve ever taken photos with someone who makes you naturally laugh, you know how important that is!
Sandee’s Sweets http://www.sandeessweets.com/ Cream Cheese Frosting. Do I need to say more? Okay, of course you need to try for yourself, but Sandee finishes her cakes with cream cheese frosting, which makes them not only gorgeous and perfectly decorated, but heavenly to eat.
Susan’s Ballroom Dance http://www.susansballroomdance.com/ If you’ve ever dreamed of having the prefect first dance, Susan is your woman to see. I often think she and her students are walking on air because they have perfected the art of dance in such a manner!
Wonderfully Wed https://www.wonderfullywed.com/ Erin Joyner has been a coordinator in the area for 13 years, and knows what works logistically, style-wise, and in what venues. Her sweet demeanor is comforting from the very first meeting!
Postoak Florist http://www.postoakflorist.com/?srccode=PS_OSM&_vsrefdom=p.4546 Fresh flowers, vibrant colors, and the look that fits your style are all points that cover Postoak Florist. During your consultation Debbie will make sure that she gets a feel for your style, location, time, colors, and full wedding needs before jumping into costs.
If you’re a bride, get your tickets. If you’re a vendor still deciding what to do for your booth, come see us. We are still meeting with several this week and we can’t wait to see everything come together! See everyone Sunday, September 17th at the Brazos County Expo from 12pm-4pm.